Are you interested in practicing winter canyoning? Do you want to feel new sensations? Don’t hesitate any longer, ICOpro is the leader for ICE canyon courses all over the world.
You will be supervised by an ICOpro instructor certified ICE Canyon, level 3 minimum INIC. At the end of the course, you will be certified with the Canyoneer card.
6 consecutive days.
Module 1 (2 days) – Module 2 (3 days) + 1 test day.
Canyoneer Ice Canyon course is a good opportunity to become autonomous and to guide as a leader into a canyon with limited risks in winter (3.3.II / graded 0 to 2). You will be in a position to organize and guide autonomous people, level CAIIC, in maximum safety conditions.
Have a medical certificate issued less than three months prior to the training course, testifying that the trainee is physically and mentally fit for canyoning activities.
Your ICOpro center will provide the full technical ICE equipment.
Skills you will learn
Module 1: you will get general skills on the activity that will help anyone to be autonomous during the progression into canyons with limited risks, « Cold Water », grade 0. You will master horizontal and vertical positioning techniques on rope.
You will gain advanced skills when choosing and checking equipment in a « Watercold » environment.
You will also work on warm point techniques and victim’s waiting position in winter environment, grade 0.
Module 2: you will get general skills on the activity that will help anyone to be autonomous during the progression into canyons with limited risks in winter, grade 1 to 2. You will master horizontal and vertical positioning techniques on rope.
You will gain advanced skills when choosing and checking equipment in ICE canyon, grade 1 to 2.
You will also work on warm point techniques and victim’s waiting position in winter environment, grade 1 to 2.
You will study the basics of canyons’ nivology:
- Snowpack (characteristics, snow crystals, wind’s effects, …)
- Snow metamorphosis
- Types of slope, watersheds …
- The avalanches
- Situations encountered in canyons
Module 3: designed to grow self-confidence and the one of your teammates too. Your analysis for verticals setting and your autonomy will be strengthened. Practise in canyons with limited risks, grade 0 to 2.
Test day includes 2 parts:
1 technical test: you will demonstrate your abilities as a leader into a canyon with limited risks, grade 1 to 2. 100% positive response required on security manoeuvers to validate your test.
Theory test including 50 questions. 80% positive response required.
Advantages of being a certified Canyoneer ICE
- You join the large international ICOpro community
- Free download of the Canyoneer Ice Canyon book.
- You receive the international canyoning news
- You access to the international canyoning forum
- You can rent equipment in the ICOpro centers
- You have the possibility to guide as a non professional – accompanied with CA1/CAIIC, minimum, into a canyon with limited risks, grade 0 to 2.
- You can practise in bigger ICE canyons, supervised by an ICOpro Instructor certified ICE and an Assistant
- You can take the Instructor ICE specialized course
Get ICOpro certified