Do you wish to follow a unique canyoning training? Become an expert and leader in opening and exploring new canyons? You aim at reaching the next level of Trainer – Senior Trainer or Training Master?
Instructor Explorer Developer course has been designed so that you could become an advanced skills technician for exploration and opening.
This course has been set up by experts specialized in canyons’ openings. This course also includes « Psychology in dangerous environment » and « Medical » modules.
To select an INED course appropriate date, please contact one of our ICOpro centers or send an email to ICOpro support:
You will be trained by an ICOpro Examiner (Senior Trainer level minimum), and will get certified at the end of the course thanks to the Instructor Card.
A couple of months after you got certified, you will receive by mail your professional card including a one -year free licence, offered products: Canyoneer Cards, « ICOpro » tee-shirt, cap and your certificate.
7 consecutive days.
Application in a canyon. You will take part into an expedition for canyon’s opening, re-bolting or check.
Instructor Explorer – Developer training course provides all the technical, psychological and organizational skills necessary to open canyons.
Be certified Instructor Rescue Advanced and have validated 800 Canyoneers Initiation, minimum.
Have a medical certificate issued less than three months prior to the training course, testifying that the trainee is physically and mentally fit for canyoning activities.
Have a valid first-aid certificate issued less than two years, including minimum course duration of 12 hours.
You must take your personal equipment.
Your ICOpro center will provide complementary technical equipment.
If you do not have yet any equipment, you can rent to the organizer center.
Skills you will learn
You will prepare an expedition as follows:
- Route and terrain analysis
- Action plan, timing, rescue…
- Staff preparation (body and spirit)
- You will apply the Proficient Analytical Resources method (P.A.R. – already imparted during your ICOpro curriculum). You will be skilled to anticipate, think, analyse, evaluate and make your choice depending on the obstacles.
- You will choose the most relevant rappel, avoiding rope friction.
- You will set-up light anchoring techniques, for canyons’ opening.
- You will be taught how to progress and set up on rope thanks to light and state-of-the-art techniques.
- You will be successful for using progression techniques, considered as « exception » techniques.
- You will show team spirit, whatever your psychological or physical condition.
- You will cope with extreme cases with calm and professional conscience.
- You will end your expedition by keeping your logbook, tracing topography sketch and analysing mistakes for further improvement.
Certifications and test
You will go through a 7-day continuous assessment. You will be communicated the evaluation conditions at the beginning of your training.
Advantages of being a certified Instructor Explorer Developer
- You take the same advantages as an Instructor Rescue Advanced.
- You will be contacted by ICOpro team to honour canyons’ openings contracts, for private companies.
- You will be contacted by ICOpro team for national or international expedition’s projects.
- You have the possibility to continue your ICOpro programme and to take the Trainer course.
Get certified ICOpro – Be prepared to become a Trainer